Dental Implants - Cambridge & Somerville MA
If you are self-conscious about your smile because of a missing tooth or teeth, we can help. There are various methods of replacing missing teeth; and one of most advanced solutions is a dental implant.
Advantages of a Tooth Implant
Tooth implants do more than just replace your missing tooth. A few of the advantages of using a tooth implant include:
- An implant is inserted into the jawbone, just like a natural tooth root.
- The implant is strong and resilient enough to be used for any normal function – such as chewing, biting and speaking.
- An implant will restore the natural structure and appearance of the face.
- A tooth implant provides support for the surrounding jawbone and gum tissue.
Tooth Implant Procedure
- One of the implant dentists here at Avalon will need to perform a thorough examination in order to determine if an implant is the best solution for you.
- If so, an anesthetic will be used to make sure you don’t feel any pain as the tooth implant is inserted into the jawbone, where the natural root of the tooth would go.
- Gum tissue will be replaced around the implant, which will then grow into and around it with time.
- The jawbone will also grow around the implant as if it were your natural tooth root.
- A crown will then be placed on the implant to act as the actual tooth. This crown will be fabricated to look, feel and function like its neighboring teeth.
We are proud to offer state-of-the-art dental implantology called “teeth in a day“ because it enables clients to have teeth in one day.
At Avalon Dental Cambridge, an implant dentist can provide this effective procedure for you. Our dental office is situated in Cambridge, MA, between Medford, Watertown, Brighton, Somerville, Belmont and Arlington. See below for more information on dental implants.